Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bub’s Burgers and Fries

7102 Hull St Rd
Richmond, VA 23235

 


            Located on the sketchy side but not totally desolate side of Hull Street Bub’s Burgers  and Fries grabbed my attention and make me stop for two reasons;
One- I love burgers
Two- the front windows were covered with goofy Christmas themed cartoons.

            Inside the place is a good deal more mellow with the main decor being not painting of cartoons (which I would have loved) but instead a whole bunch or tin signs that were new but made to look old ( a little corny).  But honestly when it comes to a burger and fry joint I couldn’t care less about the decor because I’m there for one reason and one reason only Cheese Burgers!

            When I walked in the owner/chef was eating lunch with what I assume was his wife and young daughter. He quickly jumped up and took my order. I ordered a single cheese burger which came with lettuce, tomatoes, and onions, a slice of cheese and their special sauce, onion rings and a drink for just over $7.00 and to my surprise they took cards.   In just a couple of minutes my burger and onion rings were ready. The burger was not huge nor did it have crazy topping except for the special sauce (much like the Big Mac sauce) but for some reason it was absolutely awesome.  Everything was extremely fresh they burger was hand formed and ridiculously juicy and flavorful. The lettuce, tomatoes, and onions tasted like they were just picked when I ordered my burger. The lettuce was crisp and the tomatoes were juicy. It was really just a plain old simple burger but it was done right, the ol’ school way.

            The onion rings also just came out of the fryer two second for I bit into them. They were crisp and crunchy on the outside but soft and sweet inside and boy did I get a lot of them, probably a dozen.  They were served with a side of their special sauce (this guy obviously know his stuff). 

            Overall the whole meal was awesome; very simple but done perfectly.  Ya, you can go to a bunch of other places and get bigger burgers, burgers with more toppings and cheaper burgers but you will be hard pressed to find one with better flavor done the ol’ school way.



No comments:

Post a Comment