Friday, December 12, 2014

Alexander's

4.5 STARS

101 West Bank Street, Petersburg, VA 23803

This little hidden gem in downtown Petersburg is well worth the trip to the ATM, which you will have to go to because they don't take plastic. 

Inside the place is old school and small but the food makes all the trouble worth while. Alexander's is a Greek restaurant but they carry other non-greek dishes. I've been before and got the cheese stuffed chicken for dinner and it was absolutely awesome.

This last time I went it was for lunch and I got a bacon cheese burger which I had been told was very good.  Not a thing had changed since I was there last, which was close to 5 years ago!

Our waitress was sweet and attentive and did an outstanding job.  My burner was perfectly cooked and tasted great. Simple, but perfectly cooked and topped with some tzatziki it was one of the best burgers I've had for a while.  Served with just chips and a pickle, the burger was around $8  but well worth it.

I was very impressed with Alexander's for both lunch and dinner and I highly recommend it.  Next time I go I plan on getting the gyro which looked ridiculously delicious.  But just remember, bring cash or a check.

No comments:

Post a Comment